- Extremely low cost solution
- Lowest total cost of ownership
- Fully expandable
- Includes two standard fonts
- EVOLUTION I is an extremely low cost Industrial High Resolution ink jet printer designed around the Thermal Ink-jet technology from Hewlett Packard.
- EVOLUTION I delivers the lowest TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of any competitive ink jet printing system available. Our EVOLUTION Dot Calculator can show you how low your TCO can be.
- EVOLUTION I is delivered as a complete system and includes a handheld controller, printhead module with built in product sensor and a flash card reader, mounting bracketry, and power supply.
- EVOLUTION I prints bold, highly legible ASCII characters, graphics and barcodes.
- EVOLUTION I starts out as a very basic system that will print only what is entered into the hand held controller.
- EVOLUTION I is a fully expandable system. The addition of optional software packages transforms the standard printer to one that rivals much higher priced hi-res large character printers meant for secondary carton coding and is also a viable alternative to small character continuous ink jet printers and laser coders.
- EVOLUTION I can print one line of 1/2 “(12.7 mm) high characters or two lines of 7/32” (5.5 mm) characters.
- EVOLUTION I includes two standard fonts. Optional style fonts are available in a variety of character sizes.
- EVOLUTION I is the ideal choice for those applications where only a lot number, product code or other non-variable text is required.
- With EVOLUTION I, the choice is yours. It can be either a very basic system, a fully featured printer or anywhere in between.
- HANDHELD CONTROLLER for entering messages, system configuration, and displaying data from the printhead.Built into the controller are:
- One Serial RS485 port for communication with the printhead.
- Backlit WYSIWYG LCD display .
- Alpha/numeric tactile keypad.
- Memory for message’s storage.
- PRINTHEAD MODULE with built-in:
- Two Serial RS485 ports for communication with the controller and any other external device.
- Internal Product sensor.
- Flash card reader for: optional software, optional fonts and logos download .
- Dovetail slot/slide for add-on printheads.
- Standard Font:
- character style: Arial.
- character heights: 1/2” (12.7mm) and 7/32”(5.5mm).
- Print Resolution of 300 dpi up to 200 feet per minute (61m/min).
- Distance between the printhead and substrate up to 1/4″(6.4 mm).
- Storage and print logos and barcodes in bitmap(*.bmp) file format.
- Prints Up to:
- A one line message of 24, 1/2”(12.7 mm) ASCII characters, or
- A two line message of 24, 7/32”(5.5 mm) ASCII characters per line
- Standard software includes programmable: line speed, print delay, inter-character spacing, print direction, message orientation, product detection and external encoding.
- Multiple Language promts prompts(English, Spanish, French and German).
- Embedded EVP (Evolution Communication Protocol) for OEM and SYSTEMS INTEGRATION.
- POWER SUPPLY 110-240VAC(60hz), 0.5A.
- MOUNTING BRACKETERY for side coding applications.
- NETWORKING of up to 32 individual printhead modules via an RS485 data link through either the controller or our: Optional EV-NET software
Four Optional Software Packages are available for the EVOLUTION I printer. It may be ordered with the original system or field upgraded via a flash card through the built-in flash card reader. This transforms the basic printer from a very simple system to one that rivals much higher priced hi-res large character printers meant for secondary carton coding. It is also a viable alternative to small character continuous ink jet printers and laser coders.
Your operating system can likely read pdf format files automatically, but may require software such as Adobe Reader for PC.
- OPTIONAL SOFTWARE PACKAGE 1 (Part # EV1-SW1) includes:
- Message Storage: Store up to 50 messages in the hand held controller.
- Automatic Message Repeat: Allows the message to be continuously repeated at intervals of up to 20 inches.
- Password Protection: Gives a supervisor the ability to password protect the printer to prevent unauthorized tampering with the message or operating parameters.
- OPTIONAL SOFTWARE PACKAGE 1.5 (Part # EV1-SW1.5) includes:
- Extended Message Length: Expands the message length to one line of 48 characters of 1/2″ (12.7mm) characters and up to 96 characters (48 per line) in the 7/32″ (5.5mm) character height.
- Expanded Memory: Will store up to 100 messages and operating parameters in the controller.
- OPTIONAL SOFTWARE PACKAGE 2 (Part # EV1-SW2) includes:
- Sequentially Numbering: Sequential number your products with up to 9 digits.
- Variable Date Formats: Date code your products in either a numerical, alphabetical or Julian Date format. Delimiters of (: / .) are selectable.
- Variable Time Formats: Time coding in military style (15:30:29) can be entered into the message for precise production tracking. Delimiters of (: / .) are selectable.
- ADDED VALUE: Software features found in software packages 1 and 1.5 are included in this package.
- OPTIONAL SOFTWARE PACKAGE 3 (Part # EV1-SW3) includes:
- Shift Coding: Breaks the production day into 6 or less individual shifts with either an alpha or numerical character.
- Date Offset: Allows for automatic rollover of expiration dates up to 999 days from the current date.
- Product Counter: Counts the number of printer products within a programmed time period.
- ADDED VALUE: Software features found in software packages 1, 1.5 and 2 are included in this package.
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEAD is used when additional lines of text or product information needs to be printed on the carton or product.
- It includes the printhead module, 7 inch communication cable and a power supply.
- The printhead module simply slides on the the existing printhead using the dovetail slide and slot on the sides of the printhead. A set screw locks the printhead modules into position.
- Up to four printheads modules can be mounted onto a single mounting bracket.
- The 7 inch comunication cable is inserted into the appropriate ports on the printhead to allow communication with the controller.
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEADS WITH BRACKET is used when product information needs to be printed on the opposite side of the carton.
- It can also be used on additional line production lines within the manufacturing facility.
- It includes: the printhead module, power supply and a mounting bracket assembly.
- A communication cable of the appropiate length must be ordered separately if connecting the additional printhead modules onto a network of EVOLUTION printers.
|Large Font||Small Font|
|Arial||[content_tooltip id=”646″ title=”Default 1/2 In. Std Font”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”724″ title=”3/8 In Arial”]||[content_tooltip id=”725″ title=”7/32 In Arial”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”726″ title=”5/32 In Arial”]||[content_tooltip id=”727″ title=”1/8 In Arial”]||[content_tooltip id=”728″ title=”3/32 In Arial”]|
|Outline||[content_tooltip id=”648″ title=”1/2 In Outline”]||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”730″ title=”1/8 In Outline”]||n/a|
|Tahoma||[content_tooltip id=”651″ title=”1/2 in Tahoma Bold”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”718″ title=”3/8 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”719″ title=”7/32 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”720″ title=”3/16 in Tahoma Bold”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”721″ title=”1/8 in Tahoma Bold”]||[content_tooltip id=”722″ title=”3/32 in Tahoma Bold”]|
|Swiss||[content_tooltip id=”653″ title=”1/2 in Swiss”]||[content_tooltip id=”703″ title=”7/16 in Swiss”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”710″ title=”7/32 in Swiss”]||n/a||[content_tooltip id=”712″ title=”5/32 in Swiss”]||[content_tooltip id=”714″ title=”1/8 in Swiss”]||[content_tooltip id=”716″ title=”3/32 in Swiss”]|
- alternate font purchased separately
- n/a (not/available) font can be built to special order
- optional fonts are loaded into the printer via an EVOLUTION flash card using the built-in flash card reader
- sizes displayed onscreen are approximations